Located in central Bali, about 1.5 – 2 hrs from Bali Airport.
This is one place you should definitely stay when on your Bali Holiday. For at least a few days. Theres something about it. It forces you to slow down, look at things differently.
Ubud village is full of restaurants, art gallery’s and museums, spa’s and shops full of local arts and crafts. You’ll walk past temples and wander through markets, you can even dabble in yoga. Although it’s still busy, attracts a lot of tourists and has heavy traffic at times, somehow you end up forgetting about this. We stayed in Ubud to minimise travel time, but lot’s of people stay further out, amongst the rice fields, for more peace and quiet. Both options are pretty good.
The Ugly Truth
- Traffic can be quite congested in the village
- There are a lot of tourists here
The Silver Lining
- If you stay in the village, you can walk everywhere so traffic isn’t really a problem.
- So many cheap spa’s, we got at least one massage each day.
- The scenery is peacefully beautiful.
- Lot’s of healthy options (spa’s, teas, food, yoga etc)
- Tap in to your creative side and learn how to do some of there arts and crafts.
- Bali Airport is 1.5 – 2 hrs away
- Sanur is about 1 hr away
- Padang Bai is about 1.5 – 2 hrs away
- Kuta/Seminyak/Legian are about 1.5 hrs away
Our Ubud Field Guide
Our Ubud Field Guide is everything you need to hit the ground running. We have put together all our favourite finds from our years of travel to Bali and put them together with our own map of Ubud so you can easily find and experience the best of Ubud.
Things To Do
There is actually a lot to do here, and a large variety. From spas, restaurants and shops to art gallery’s, museums, and art and craft lessons. From relaxing in the rice fields, to whitewater rafting. There are also lots of tours and day trips available here.
- Art gallery’s
- Learning Balinese art and craft
- Cooking lessons
- Bicycle tours
- Whitewater Rafting
- Weddings + Honeymoons
- Romantic getaways