Rock Bar is a well known and popular bar in Jimbaran Bali. It’s a beautiful bar sprawled across a rocky cliff-face, with stunning sunset views. Chris and I have been a few times, so we thought we’d give you a quick run down on the Rock Bar experience.
Why You Should Go To Rock Bar
Rock bar is in an amazing and unique location. It’s a beautiful open air bar right on the beach with uninterrupted sunset views. You should come here if you want to see a unique design, take amazing sunset shots or have some nice drinks in a classy but fun atmosphere.
Rock Bar is sometimes seen as quite touristy, and to be honest, it is. But it attracts a lot of people for a reason. So to make the most of your time, we put together a list of things to know…
Things To Know
- Rock bar is very popular and can have huge lines. Go early to avoid disappointment. It opens at 4 pm, so I would arrive by 3.45/4pm. Otherwise, arrive after sunset to have drinks under the stars and avoid the crowds.
- If you stay at Ayana Resort or RIMBA you can get priority access. You still need to line up in the priority line so I would still go early.
- Drinks and small dishes are available for purchase.
- Although it attracts the crowds, as long as you get there early, the location, design, views and drinks make it worthwhile.
- A dress code applies; No singlets, board shorts or alcohol-branded clothing.
- It can get quite hot and sunny. They usually give out umbrellas to save you from the sun, but it might be a good idea to bring some sunglasses as well.
What: Rock Bar at Ayana
Where: Ayana Resort, Jl Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Bali