Sanur is a beautiful beachside town on Bali’s east coast. Popular for it’s beaches, water sports, culture and it’s laid back atmosphere. A great destination, in particular, for a Bali family holiday.
Located on the East Coast, in the south of Bali. East of Ngurah Rai International Airport.
Sanur is a beach side town about 30 minutes from the Kuta area (up to an hr in traffic). A great holiday destination if you want to stay where there are nice beaches, but less of a party atmosphere. Mostly what draws people here is the laidback vibe and village feel, whilst still being able to go to other areas of Bali pretty easily. The area has many dining, shopping and water sport options. Sometimes used as a base for diving, and renowned for it’s yearly kite festival. Sanur is a great option for Bali family holidays.
The Ugly Truth
- Can be a little sleepy if you are after a faster pace
The Silver Lining
- Laidback feel of the town
- Good destination for Bali Family Holidays
- Kuta, Legian and Seminyak are all within 30 mins – 1hr depending on traffic
- Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa are approx. 30 mins south.
- Nusa Lebongan is only 30 mins by boat from Benoa Harbour
- Ubud is about 1 hr (depending on traffic) away
- Candidasa is about 1 hr (depending on traffic) north
- Amed is about 2 hrs north
Things To Do
Although Sanur is a more laid back option then Kuta, there is still plenty to do here. Predominantly going to the beach and beach related activities. But there are also many places to eat and shop. And Cultural activities like visiting traditional Balinese temples. And outdoor activities like hiring a bicycle or diving.
- Local village feel and community
- Water sports
- Bali Family Holidays
- Laid back atmosphere