Uluwatu is a popular surfing destination in Bali. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in Bali, and is famed for it’s luxury cliff top resorts and villas.
Uluwatu is a Surfers Heaven. It attracts surfers from all over the world for it’s range of surfing beaches. But not only are the beaches in this area good for surfing, but they are beautiful. When People go to Bali they expect beautiful beaches…then they see Kuta Beach and get disappointed. Well, the beaches here won’t disappoint, although not all are suitable for swimming.
There are many luxurious resorts perched atop of the cliffs which have stunning views. If you want to get a feel for these views, then go to Uluwatu temple, which is also perched on the edge of a cliff and a must see.
Accommodation and things to do are very spread apart, and for that reason it’s a great place to relax and get away from the crowds.
The Ugly Truth
- Although the beaches are beautiful and great for surfing, not all are suitable for swimming.
- If your not interested in surfing then I hope you go here to relax, as there is not a huge amount to do.
The Silver Lining
- When you are staying in an area so beautiful and relaxing, you wont want to do anything else.
- Some of Bali’s most luxurious accommodation lives here.
Things To Do
If you don’t surf, then besides eating and relaxing, there is not a lot to do here. There are a few attractions like Uluwatu Temple and the kecack and fire dance. But you would really come here either to surf or take it easy.
- Uluwatu Temple
- Kecack and Fire Dance
- Luxury spas within hotels
- Romantic getaways