There are so many things to consider when planning your Bali Itinerary. Here we suggest places to visit for people with different interests, things to do and timeframes to do them in. Use this as a guide only, or mix and match from different itineraries to make it fit for you.
How Long Should My Bali Holiday Be?
Bali is a great place for a holiday, whether it be a short break, a week or two..or three! It is very common, particularly for Australian travellers, to come here every year. It’s as if somethings in the water (the bottled water that is), once they get a taste for it, they just can’t stay away. That, and it’s so close to Australia (well, compared to everything else) and great flight sales are available, making a Bali Holiday sometimes less expensive then travelling from Australia.
So if going to Bali for the first time, I would recommend no less then a week.
If you have already been to Bali before, and the flight isn’t too long, then you could easily come here for 5 days. But if you can stay at least a week, I would recommend this.
If you are going to Bali from Europe, USA or other locations where the flight will be long, then I would stay at least 2 weeks.
Different Interests, Different Bali
Main Places of Interest
Here we will give you a brief overview of the different destinations within Bali, so you can get a feel for what might interest you. For more detailed info on each destination, see our Bali Travel Guide.
Kuta and Legian
- Kuta is probably Bali’s most well Known destination, and Legian is it’s neighbour
- Very ‘Touristy’ and busy
- Best for shopping (shopping mall, markets), low – mid range bars and nightclubs
- Good to experience Kuta even just for an hour
- Seminyak is near Kuta, but with more sophistication
- Best for boutique shopping, trendy bars, dining options (local warung to 5 star dining), beach
- Jimbaran is south of Kuta, near the Bukit Peninsular
- Best for beaches, seafood dinner, local seafood and fresh food markets
- Nusa Dua is on the south eastern side of Bali
- Best for calm beaches, safety, resorts in a Bubble
- Uluwatu is south of Jimbaran on the Bukit Peninsular
- Best for surfing beaches, Uluwatu Temple, stunning hotels on cliff faces
- Sanur is the oldest resort town in Bali
- Located on Bali’s south east coast
- Best for beaches, water sports, laid back town
East Coast of Bali
- Think Candidasa, Padang Bai, Amed
- Best for getting away from the crowds, relaxation, beaches, diving
North Coast of Bali
- Think Singaraja and Lovina
- Best for Singaraja old town, black sand beach, dolphin watching, West Bali National Park
- Small island off south east coast of Bali
- Best for slow pace, relaxing, diving, surfing, snorkelling.
Bali Itinerary Options
Here we have different Bali Itinerary Options, for different lengths of stay and different interests. Click on the links below for Itineraries that are of interest to you.
Bali Travel Planning
There’s lot’s of free information here to help you plan your trip, but if you need a hand or want to save time, then we have our Bali Trip Planning Email Support to help you. Find out more information here.